Wednesday, July 2, 2008

One Post Wonder

Natty recently posted a blog about his friend who runs a blog about One Post Wonders. Just like the music world's One Hit Wonders, so the Internet has a cyber friend - albeit a little more personal.

I found the blog very hilarious as one can see where these posts come from. Just like Natty said they are "generally written in some state of unease, ranging from boredom to anger to semi-deranged non-sequitur."
This made me shout in a chorus (yes, I imagine myself having an acapella group shadowing my everyday musings), "I love the Internet" with a slight minor harmony.
You see the Internet not only creates this wonderful opportunity to see into the mind of the average earthling, but also the opportunity to see the weaknesses among the cracks. I'm by no means implying that some people are elitist and superior, but I guess with the advent of the Internet a major part of civilization has been, almost instantly revealed to unsuspecting passers-by. This makes me shudder at the thought of the future, but alas no more musings about shit.

Here are my favourites on the blog:
> stupidiot.blogspot.com
>> Wow, how many times have we wished to express our wishes so boldly. Amazing!
> bigbootyho.blogspot.com
>> Gossip girl? A fine example of verbal diarrhea.
> idiotamerica.blogspot.com
>> I hope that was not intentional!
> herpes.blogspot.com
>> That's what she said.

1 comment:

Nicolene said...

This I simply had to share…I wrote this in a message to someone yesterday, and I quote, or rather I *copy* *paste*: “immediate feedback from all over the world. isn't that great? say it with me...I LOVE THE INTERNET!” I guess I was joining in your acapella group, albeit subconsciously. Funky I say.